Careers at Family Vision Center
Part-time up to 32 hours
Why You’ll Love This Job:
Rochester Family Vision Center is a leading primary eye care practice with an enthusiastic team that is focused on quality patient care and experience. We are looking for an experienced Optometric Technician to join our team. If you are energetic, pleasant, reliable, and enjoy helping others by offering personalized care to each of our patients, then this is the place for you! An ideal candidate is experienced, dedicated and dependable, who is looking for a place with a company where career growth is encouraged. Willing to train, some evening hours required, no weekend or major holiday hours. This is a part-time position with the potential of developing into a full-time position.
- Collect and update patient demographic data, including information about the patient’s vision and medical history.
- Gather preliminary information, including visual acuity, auto-refraction, stereopsis, color vision, and iCare tonometry.
- Assist in diagnostic testing and eye exams, including visual field screening, retinal imaging, OCT, and corneal topography.
- Serve as a scribe for the doctor, document accurately in electronic health record system, upload and attach medical reports, and generate patient summaries.
- Educate patients about contact lens insertion, removal, care, and replacement.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Prior experience as an Optometric/Ophthalmic Technician is required. Or experience in an optometry/ophthalmology/optical office setting is required. Education/certifications are a plus, but not required.
- Ability to use technology and various optometric instruments/equipment.
- Ability to work with patients of all ages and nationalities.
- Must be extremely efficient, organized, and resourceful.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to calm patients if they may become nervous.
- Ability to read, write, type, and speak English at a level that will foster effective communication with patients and other staff members.
- Strong computer literacy required with good typing speed, familiarity with scanning documents, and using keyboard shortcuts.
- Must have at least a high school diploma.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com